The Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority
Established on 1 December 2020, the Authority manages, protects, rehabilitates and fosters resilience of the natural, cultural and heritage values of coastal Crown land and marine waters along the Great Ocean Road.
About our Chief Executive Office
As a member of the Chief Executive Office, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), in partnership with the Board, is responsible for driving the vision of the organisation and leadership of staff. The Office of the CEO ensures delivery of high-level executive support and governance related to administration processes through the Executive Leadership Team.
Purpose of the Position
The Director Strategy, Engagement and Transformation is a key position within the Authority and the Executive Leadership team, focused on the development and implementation of the vision and strategic plan for the Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority.
The Director will lead four key areas including: strategic planning and business improvement; transition and establishment of the Authority; stakeholder engagement and partnerships; and communications and media.
As a key member of Authority’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the Director will work collaboratively across the Authority, with the Board and CEO, Local and State Governments and relevant agencies, Traditional Owners, Community, Business and Special Interest Groups contributing to the on-going success in establishing the Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority and delivering on its outcomes
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, a Bachelors degree (or higher) in Business, Change Management and/or Communications.
- At least five years’ experience in a senior level executive position.
- Previous experience in the public and private sectors with large Local Governments and consulting firms highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in leading change and transformation.
- A strong track record in stakeholder engagement, influencing, and negotiating.
- Current Australian drivers’ licence.
Applications for this position close at 5pm on Friday, 28 January 2022 and need to include:
- A current resume;
- Response to the Selection Criteria; and
- Names of three referees (who have consented to providing their contact details).
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.