About the Great Ocean Road and Coast and Parks Authority
Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority: Delivering better protection and management of the iconic coast and parks of Victoria’s Great Ocean Road.
Established on 1 December 2020, the Authority manages, protects, rehabilitates and fosters resilience of the natural, cultural and heritage values of coastal Crown land and marine waters along the Great Ocean Road.
About Corporate Services
Corporate Services provides management, advice, and service to the whole organisation in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Information & Communication Technology (ITC) systems, Information Management, Assets, Risk, Compliance and Governance. This position is in the Finance Team within Corporate Services.
Purpose of the position
The Finance Coordinator is accountable for the provision of high-quality accounting services within a collaborative team environment.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Coordinator position include:
- Coordinate the Accounts Payable function.
- Coordination of supplier information and business account arrangements.
- Coordinate project accounting, ensuring costs are reported to project managers on a regular basis.
- Maintain strict processes and reporting for asset capitalisations once projects are completed.
- Account for grant activity in preparation for financial reporting and grant acquittals.
- Ensure the correctness of expenditure information in the profit and loss and balance sheet.
- Perform relevant end of month processes and reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure identified external and internal audit issues are resolved promptly.
- Work with integrity and precision, with a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Work as an integral member of the Finance Team and contribute to its operational objectives.
- Comply with all internal control procedures and Authority policies.
- Complete other duties when required that are within your skills, competence, and training.
- Retain the confidentiality of all Authority business.
Key Selection Criteria
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant accounting degree, CA/CPA preferred.
- Experience using accounting software.
- Experience in Accounts Payable management.
- Experience in accounting for capital projects and assets.
- Experience in seeking and implementing new technology.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage financial records with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to create and focus on processes / procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in office procedures and general administrative requirements.
- Current driver’s licence.
Applications for this position close at 9am on Friday, 17 January 2022 and need to include:
- A current resume;
- Response to the Selection Criteria; and
- Names of three referees (who have consented to providing their contact details).
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.