About the Great Ocean Road and Coast and Parks Authority
Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority: Delivering better protection and management of the iconic coast and parks of Victoria’s Great Ocean Road.
Established on 1 December 2020, the Authority manages, protects, rehabilitates and fosters resilience of the natural, cultural and heritage values of coastal Crown land and marine waters along the Great Ocean Road.
About the Caravan Parks
The Caravan Parks we manage generate the majority of our revenue. We are the single largest accommodation provider on the Great Ocean Road with over 750,000 visitor nights annually.
Situated adjacent to some of the most spectacular beaches on the coast, our caravan parks offer a range of accommodation options for families, tourists and visitors.
Purpose of the position
The role of the Grounds Maintenance Duty Manager is principally to assist the Park Managers with the day-to-day operations and management of the Caravan Park. The Grounds Maintenance Duty Manager works under the supervision of the Park Managers and implements their directions. In the absence of the Park Managers (annual leave, rostered days off), the Grounds Maintenance Duty Manager shall act on their behalf and assume responsibility for daily management of the Park.
The focus of the role is to assist with the maintenance management of the caravan park, the daily deployment of staff, and daily service delivery to the customers. When the Park Managers are also on-site, the Grounds Maintenance Duty Manager may perform reception duties or general office duties, be asked to assist with maintenance within the Park, and deal with any customer issues that may arise.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a Supervisory/Management position within the Hospitality Industry, preferably within an environment that has a large volume of accommodation bookings.
- Demonstrable experience in staff management, working a range of rosters and shifts.
- Preferred but not essential, a trade qualification or certificate in a relevant field.
- Competent in OHS/WHS, First Aid and/or other areas.
- Current Australian drivers’ licence.
Applications for this position close at 5pm on Wednesday, 19 January 2022.
Applications need to include:
- A current resume
- Response to the Selection Criteria
- Names of three referees (who have consented to providing their contact details).
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.